Saturday, October 27, 2012

BOOT TOPPERS

Today is a beautiful day in Hudson, Wisconsin!  The sun is shining, air is cool (45 degrees) and no wind!!!  Thank goodness!  We do seem to have a lot of wind here in western Wisconsin along the St. Croix River and sometimes I feel like I am living in a wind tunnel instead of a nice little street.  Oh dear, I digress.

One of the many things I make and sell is something called a Boot Topper.  Have you heard of them?  Well here is how they work!  First, on with the socks, then the Boot Toppers (pull them way up on the calf), then the boots.  Now tuck the bottom of the Topper into your boot and fold the cuff over the top of the boot and Voila! You now look like you are wearing nice thick, fluffy socks in your boots!!  Clever!  

Here are some photos and I do hope they help.  When I first heard of this 'thing' I really couldn't figure it out but I think I've got it!  They look neat when you are wearing a nice thick sweater, some slim jeans and boots!  Nice and casual.  Check out my Etsy to see some different styles.



The boot and the Boot Topper















A little peek inside




The toppers ready to be pulled on and tuck into the boot






The ribbed section goes into the boot, then fold the top over onto the outside of the boot.

No comments:

Post a Comment