Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Today has been one of those days in which a success was achieved!!!!  Yippee !!!

Let me explain.  I have a small business in which I create journals, kindle cases and a lot of knitting, ie fingerless gloves, leg-warmers, and cowl.  I have created tags for these things, tags that tell what kind of yarn is used, what kind of fabric is used for the journal covers, where that fabric has come from (it is all recycled fabric from old clothes).  These tags serve a purpose of course.  But I have been wanting a little label inside of my items.  Well!  Finally, I have figured out how to do it and I will try to share that info with you.  Mind you, this label is small and hard to photograph.  Sorry about that.  But I think the pictures will help a little bit.  

Here are three pictures of the labels being used:  a knit glove, a kindle case, & a journal.







The supplies that you will need are:  a mirror image of the information you want on your labels, scissors, iron, a small wooden board & a light-weight piece of fabric on which to iron, a product that will transfer printer ink from a special kind of paper to fabric (I used an iron-on transfer by June Taylor, twill tape (or bias tape) cut into the size you will need. 





The bottom picture shows the board and fabric to iron on.  Most importantly it shows the steps you will do:  print you labels on the transfer paper and cut them to the size you will need, cut the tape to the size you need, and on the far right of the picture you will see the twill tape folded and with the word printed on the top of the tape, ready to put in its place.

I purchased 3/4" twill tape because I wanted to run my words across the tape, not the length of the tape.  I wanted a label about the size of the Levi label on jeans.  You will chose the fabric that you will need for the size label you want to create.

I hope that this is clear for you,  If you have any questions please feel free to contact me and I will do my best, to help you.  lindalemonkeller@gmail.com.  

This has worked very well for me and I feel is adds a bit of a professional touch to to product.  Granted it is a bit 'puttzy' but for me, well worth it.  Good luck with this little project!!!!1

No comments:

Post a Comment